Ekahau Connect™ Launches Today, Revolutionizes Wi-Fi Planning, Analysis and Troubleshooting
RESTON, Va., April 9th, 2019 — Ekahau, the global leader in Wi-Fi network design solutions, today announced the launch of Ekahau Connect, a suite of integrated Wi-Fi tools that enable Wi-Fi professionals to design, optimize and troubleshoot any Wi-Fi network faster and easier than ever before.
The solution allows seamless collaboration between onsite IT personnel, who are charged with keeping Wi-Fi running smoothly, and the Wi-Fi expert, who is often overloaded with managing multiple projects and sites and traveling extensively.
Ekahau Connect builds on the success of Ekahau Pro (formerly Ekahau Site Survey) and Ekahau Sidekick. It introduces a number of new and revolutionary capabilities designed to make Wi-Fi professionals faster and more productive.
“Ekahau Connect allows me to create a force multiplier and actually do more with fewer resources” said Jonathan Davis, Wireless Engineer, Municipal Government Customer.
“Ekahau Connect is more than a portfolio of products – it’s an integrated solution that allows Wi-Fi Pros to maximize their productivity, whether in the back office planning new networks or conducting site surveys in the field.” said Mika Hakala, Ekahau EVP of Product and Strategy. “The new and improved Ekahau Pro 10 and Ekahau Sidekick are still at the heart of this solution. What’s new, however, is game-changing.”
The best gets better
Ekahau Pro gets even better with a number of improvements such as automatic interference detection, automatic access point detection and placement, and support for performing 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) site surveys when combined with Ekahau Sidekick. The user interface has also been completely rebuilt to deliver a smoother and easier user experience.
Get it right the first time
Ekahau Connect was created to help Wi-Fi professionals do their job better and faster and to design reliable Wi-Fi networks right the first time. With the ability to quickly and easily troubleshoot problems immediately, there is no need to fly in an expert and wait days to diagnose and fix critical Wi-Fi issues that wreak havoc within hotels, corporate offices, hospitals and warehouses.
The new products introduced today as part of Ekahau Connect include:
- Ekahau Survey for iPad is the first professional grade Wi-Fi site survey tool for the iPad, making the solution 70% lighter than using a laptop and reducing breaks previously needed to charge up the device. It makes Wi-Fi experts more effective when performing site surveys, and the unprecedented ease-of-use allows anyone to collect professional Wi-Fi measurements.
- Ekahau Capture allows any IT person to easily conduct packet captures. Now off-site Wi-Fi experts can perform advanced troubleshooting and in-depth analysis of tough-to-diagnose Wi-Fi problems without traveling on-site. The tool makes it possible for anyone to quickly capture Wi-Fi packets using Ekahau Sidekick, eliminating the need to invest in dedicated and expensive equipment or to fallback on complex and unreliable methods to perform packet capture.
- Ekahau Cloud enables seamless collaboration between central office and field sites and makes project sharing with your entire team simple and easy. Multiple people in the field can now work concurrently on the same project, while critical data can be quickly shared with Wi-Fi experts anywhere in the world so they can help troubleshoot tough problems without ever leaving the office. Both cloud-enabled and local modes are fully supported.
“The new iPad app, the integration with the iPad app, the use of the Sidekick, the new cloud feature, the ability to capture packets. Ekahau Connect is a great product” said Jason Bashara, Sr. Network Engineer (Mobility), Presidio.
The entire Ekahau Connect Suite Includes:
Ekahau Pro – The tool that sets the industry standard for designing, analyzing, optimizing and troubleshooting Wi-Fi Networks (Previously known as Ekahau Site Survey Pro)
- Professional grade features combined with unprecedented ease-of-use
- New, ultra-fast user interface works on macOS and Windows
- Supports all Wi-Fi access points, thousands of antennas and the latest Wi-Fi standards including 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6)
Ekahau Sidekick – Precise Wi-Fi Diagnostic and Measurement Device for Professionals
- All-in-one expert device with two Wi-Fi radios and a spectrum analyzer for professional Wi-Fi site surveys and troubleshooting
- Plug-and-play operation on iOS, macOS and Windows.
- Market leading precision for 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi spectrum with automated interference source identification
- Seven factory tested antennas are placed in the optimum orientation to deliver precise and consistent measurement accuracy
- All-day battery life removes the need for interrupting work to recharge devices at larger sites
- Supports the latest Wi-Fi standards, including the new 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6)
Ekahau Survey for iPad – First-ever professional grade Wi-Fi site survey tool
- Get productive faster with a powerful, yet simple-to-learn and use interface
- Delivers instant post-survey analysis with easy-to-read, crystal-clear heatmaps
- Automatically locates detected access points
Ekahau Capture – Easy to use Packet Capture Tool
- Makes it easy to quickly capture Wi-Fi packets using Ekahau Sidekick in order to detect complex problems without waiting for a Wi-Fi expert
- Introduces simultaneous dual-channel packet capture to diagnose difficult problems, such as roaming between APs
Ekahau Cloud – Choose a collaboration method that works best for you
- Enables simultaneous collaboration across team members in the field and between the field and experts in the back office
- Keeps project files backed up and synced across devices and prevents costly rework in case your device gets lost or damaged
- Easily switch between cloud and local modes when projects or customers require data to be stored offline
Ekahau Connect is available for immediate purchase. To purchase or to learn more about the Ekahau Connect, contact your local Ekahau representative or reseller, or visit ekahau.com
Ekahau is the global leader in solutions for enterprise wireless network design, optimization and troubleshooting. More than 15,000 customers, including 35% of Fortune 500 companies, run their networks with Ekahau’s Wi-Fi planning and measurement solutions.
Our Ekahau Pro and Ekahau Sidekick help organizations design and manage superior wireless networks by minimizing network deployment time and ensuring sufficient wireless coverage across all industries, project sizes, building infrastructures and levels of complexity.
We are recognized for delivering the easiest-to-use, most reliable solutions for Wi-Fi planning, site surveys, troubleshooting and optimization. Whether a corporate office, hotel, hospital or university – if the Wi-Fi works well, it has likely been built using Ekahau’s Wi-Fi Design solution
Tilmeld dig vores nyhedsmail, for information om ny teknologi, produkter og kurser.